TO OFFER PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID (PFA) AND PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR RESILIENT RECOVERY FROM TRAUMATIC EVENTS IN THE COMMUNITY SUCH AS:
• Attempted or Completed Suicides
• Violent Injuries and Deaths
• Natural Disasters
• Community Crisis
• Other traumatic incidences
DEPLOYMENT: Any person or organization can ACTIVATE a response. Activating will provide a person, community, or family with the following:
• An Assessment to develop a comprehensive community based plan with our follow-up.
• A Team that will provide PFA, grounding, & coping during a traumatic incident.
• Compassion Center Deployment: This will provide a foot patrol & compassionate referrals to people, neighborhoods, and groups in need.
• Coping & Long-Term Support: Warm referrals to counselors after a traumatic experience.
Develop your own response team within your entity or community. Obtain professional trainings in the following:
• PFA, Grounding, & Coping Techniques.
• Compassion Center Development; an affective tool for agencies that want to develop coping policies when facing traumatic experiences.
IDENTIFY SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF SOMEONE IN CRISIS:
• More Than Sad (for parents)
• Gatekeeper Training (for providers)